On June 12-13, 2012, The National Academy of Sciences and the National Academy of Engineering is hosting the final symposium of an international three symposia series on synthetic biology.
It will feature the following sessions:
– Overviews of Research in Key Fields
– Organizational Business Strategies in Support of Synthetic Biology
– National Strategies in Support of Synthetic Biology
– Synthetic Biology in the Political Process
– Creating the Social Contract
– Addressing Fundamental Questions in Biology
– Addressing Fundamental Needs in Engineering
– Community, Leadership, and Growth
– Governance: Needs Beyond the Bench
– Enabling Synthetic Biology: Identifying Critical Issues for the Field’s Success
The symposia series, organized by the Committee on Science, Technology, and Law and the Board on Life Sciences under the auspices of the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) with support from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, is a collaboration between the NAS, the National Academy of Engineering (NAE), Royal Society (RS), Royal Academy of Engineering (RAE), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and Chinese Academy of Engineering (CAE).
For more information and registration, please visit the Official Event Website.