The USDA Agricultural Research Service (ARS) 2nd International Biosafety & Biocontainment Symposium will cover a broad range of biosafety, biosecurity, and biocontainment topics in agriculture. The symposium will include nine pre-symposium courses and 2½ days of scientific presentations. There will also be exhibits showcasing the latest agricultural biosafety and biocontainment products and services. Registration, program, sponsors, and details for the Symposium are available at http://arssymposium.absa.org.
The symposium will consist of sessions covering a variety of topics addressing national and international issues including GMOs, animal biosafety, and agroterrorism. There will be roundtable discussions on the culture of responsibility and security, LAIs and breach in containment, and an interactive session where attendees will chose the topics of discussion. Keynote speakers will open the program on Tuesday and Wednesday.
In addition to the valuable courses and sessions, you will have the opportunity to network with professionals from the biosafety and scientific research industries, organizations, and agencies.
Register for this dynamic program at http://arssymposium.absa.org
Pre-Symposium Courses: (4 hours each)
Monday February 4, 2013
- Plant Pathology 101: Introduction of Principles of Plant Pathology
- Plant Research in Greenhouses and Other Specialized Containment Facilities
- APHIS Regulatory Oversight: Plant Pests, Diseases, and Imported Soil
- APHIS Permitting
- Integrated Pest Management & Biological Control
- Agrodefense and Beyond: Laboratory Response Networks
- Bioterrorism Awareness for the Animal Health Community
- Biocontainment Techniques Beyond the Biosafety Cabinet
- Food Defense from Farm to Fork
For more information, please visit the Official Event Website.